Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Final Steps to Final Product

With the bandsaw I ended up cutting it in angles around the circle that was drawn on the block of wood. From there I then power sanded the wood so that it smoothed out into the circle. After I cut an inch off to make the top. 


 After sanding the whole thing with 80 sandpaper I used the drill press to make a hole for the necklace as well as a little place for your finger to help scoop it out. 

 Here on the left is the box after it's sanded. The picture on the right is after I used the drill press. As you can see the necklace fits perfectly with just enough room for your finger to go in and scoop it up.
After I used the drill press again to insert the dole rode to attach the top and make it swivel around.


Here is the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment